Questions about TCC, Christianity, and more
We have Bible Study on Wednesdays from 6:30 – 7:30 at Old Hampton Community Center. The address is 201 Lincoln Street, Hampton, VA 23669.
On Sundays, we have Sunday School at 9:30 and Morning Worship Service at 10:30. Beginning April 24, 2011, we will be having two worship services, one at 8:00 a.m. and the other remains at 10:30. The location is Hines Middle School, 561 McLawhorne Drive, Newport News, VA 23601.
To answer the question of salvation, it is necessary to first understand that God loves us and desires a personal relationship with us. Please consider the following from True Evangelism by B.E. Northrup:
DID YOU KNOW THAT GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE SENT HIS SON … ?
- … SO THAT WE MIGHT LIVE THROUGH HIM? “In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him” (1 John 4:9).
- … SO THAT HE MIGHT PAY THE PRICE OF OUR SINS? “Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation [the redemption price that He paid] for our sins” (1 John 4:10).
- … SO THAT HE MIGHT BE THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD? “And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world” (1 John 4:14).
- … SO THAT HE MIGHT GIVE US ETERNAL LIFE IN HIS SON? “And this is the record, that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that has the Son has life, and he that has not the Son of God has not life” (1 John 5:11–12).
- … SO THAT WE MIGHT UNDERSTAND, KNOW GOD AND HAVE ETERNAL LIFE? “And we know that the Son of God is come, and has given us an under-standing, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life” (1 John 5:20).
- … SO THAT WE MIGHT BECOME CHRISTLIKE CHILDREN OF GOD? “Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God.… We know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is” (1 John 3:1–2).
“…In the work of the cross our God was meeting the awful, desperate need of mankind. What that need was also is clearly taught in First John. Man has a sin problem and God was dealing with the sin problem of humanity when He sent His Son into the world. It also is found in First John 4 that “God sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins” (v. 10). The price that was paid for our sins was the death of Christ! Similarly Paul says that “the wages of the sin nature are death … ” (Rom. 6:23) * There is a message in Romans to those who already are believers. Paul speaks to them in Romans 8 about how they should go on and mature out of childhood as believers to become mature sons of God. …[Salvation] begins with man’s need.”
(Footnote: Northrup, B. E. (1997, c1996). True Evangelism: Paul’s presentation of the first five steps of the soul-winner in Romans.)
You can accept the free gift of salvation by simply confessing that you are a sinner in need of a savior, turning away from your sins, and believing Christ Jesus to be your Lord, following Him. If you have questions about your salvation, please don’t hesitate to contact us.