Church Structure and Leaders
Our church structure is as follows:
Pastor Dawkins' Bio
Dr. Reginald L. Dawkins is a native of Greenville, South Carolina. He is the son of the late Tommy Lee and Mary C. Dawkins. He is married to the former Alethia B. Moore of Tate, Georgia. He is a graduate of the public schools of Greenville County; he received his Bachelor of Art Degree in Christian studies from North Greenville University in Tigerville, SC. He received his Master of Divinity Degree in pastoral care and counseling from the Morehouse School of Religion at the Interdenominational Theological Center in Atlanta, GA.. He earned his Doctor of Ministry degree in preaching and leadership from the United Theological Seminary in Dayton, Ohio. He published his first book in 2017 entitled “The Holy Hookup: Equipping Leaders to Lead Others: A Leadership Paradigm for the Twenty First Century.”
He presently serves as the Senior Pastor and Founder of Triumph Christian Center in Newport News, Va. He is led the church in a stewardship campaign to purchase their first facility – assessed at $1.5 million – for the Kingdom of God. He is developing the church to become a V.O.I.C.E. that transforms and enlightens the community for Christ. He served First Church of Newport News (Baptist) Newport News, Va. for four years and St. Matthew Missionary Baptist Church in Piedmont, S.C. for over fifteen years.
He is a sought after speaker/preacher in the community. He has spoken at various colleges and universities, including Furman University, North Greenville University, Hampton University, Morehouse School of Religion, Benedict College, and Christopher Newport University to name a few. He is a board member of the Morehouse School of Religion and the Interdenominational Theological Seminary in Atlanta, GA. He is an adjunct professor at Hampton University in Hampton Va., adjunct professor for United Theological Seminary in Dayton Ohio, a member of the National NAACP, The Hampton University Minister’s Conference, Mentor for Hines Middle School in Newport News VA, former board member of the American Red Cross (Hampton Roads Chapter), Member of the National Baptist Convention USA. Member of the Morehouse School of Religion Fellowship, Member of the Baptist General Convention of Virginia, Member of the Peninsula Ministers Council of Virginia, former big brother for the Greenville County School System, former advisor to Miracle Hills Ministries for redevelopment, former co-chair of the John Guest Crusade for Greenville, former drive director for Benedict College in Columbia, South Carolina, former drive director for Morris College in Sumter, South Carolina, former Chaplin with the Greenville University Hospital Greenville, South Carolina. He was the Moderator of the Reedy River Baptist Association, treasurer, and secretary and program chair for the Greenville Baptist Minister’s Fellowship and Vicinity, vice chairman of Cooperative Ministries, instructor at American Baptist College Nashville, Tenn. (Greenville Extension).
- Awarded the outstanding achievement for reaching financial goals for Benedict College Founder’s Day during the years of 2002- 2004.
- Awarded the service merit award from the E&M Baptist Convention of South Carolina in 2004.
- Awarded the outstanding stewardship award from the Reedy River Baptist Association in Greenville South in 2002.
- Recognized and honored by the State Senate of South Carolina for outstanding leadership in pastoral Ministries in 2001.
- Recognized by his home church, the Shady Oak Baptist Church Greenville South Carolina for dedicated service rendered in 1990.
- Progressive National Baptist Convention board of Education and Publication awarded him a certificate in the standard leadership education program for the History of the Black Church in 1999.
- The Shady Oak Baptist Church in Greenville, South Carolina licensed him in the gospel ministry November 1987.
- The Reedy River Association Baptist ordained him in the gospel ministry January 1991.
- Awarded by the Hampton Roads Chapter of the American Red Cross for becoming a member of the lifesaving society.
- Awarded a certificate of appreciation by the American Red Cross for volunteer services and invaluable contributions to the American Red Cross as a member of the American Red Cross Hampton Roads Chapter Board of Directors from 2010-2013.
- Published author of “The Holy Hook-Up: Equipping Leaders to Lead Others: A Leadership Paradigm for the Twenty-First Century.”
If you do right by God, God will do right by you.